SATO Global Warranty Program is applicable when the place of purchase is different from place of installation and the purchase date is less than one year. If the place of purchase and place of installation are similar, local warranty conditions apply. Should you be unclear about the warranty status of your printers, please contact SATO in the country which you have purchased from. (Refer to our Global network or the list below)
Please read this SATO Global Warranty Program Online User Agreement set out below which includes disclaimers of liability and other important general matters.
- 1.SATO warrants that when purchased from SATO or through an authorized SATO distributor or reseller; this printer, its components, and accessories are in good working order and free from defects in workmanship and materials.
- 2.The warranty period for Printers (excluding the print head, platen roller, and cutter assembly) is one (1) year from the purchase date. Warranties applicable to products commence on the date as stated on the sales invoice provided by the reseller. Commencement dates of warranties applicable to other sovereignties may be found in their relative literature.
- 3.The warranty period for Spare Parts (excluding print heads, platen rollers, and cutter assemblies) is one (1) year from the date of purchase.
- 4.The warranty period for the Print Heads and Platen Rollers* is:
- Thermal Transfer Applications: one (1) year or 30km (1,200,000 linear print inches), whichever comes first.
- Direct Thermal Applications: one (1) year or 15km (600,000 linear print inches), whichever comes first.
- 5.The warranty period for SATO Cutters is one (1) year from the date of purchase or the following number of cuts:
- SATO Standard Guillotine Cutter: 300,000 cuts, whichever comes first.
- SATO Heavy Duty Rotary (HD) Cutter: 500,000 cuts, whichever comes first.
- SATO TG3 Integrated Cutter: 1,000,000 cuts, whichever comes first.
**Note: Damage caused by the cutting of non-approved materials such as woven or non-woven fabrics, TYVEK, heavy synthetic materials or other physical damage will void the warranty.
- 6.In case repairs, parts replacements or some other services are requested under the warranties provided herein within the warranty period, the additional warranty period of 90 days for the repaired or replaced parts is to be given from the date of such repairs or replacements.
- 7.Any printer modifications, improper use or maintenance by unauthorized and/or non-certified service companies will deem the warranty void. Improper use includes, but is not limited to, the use of consumables or any thermal carbon ribbon which are not manufactured or authorized by SATO. Physical damage to the print head, platen roller, or cutter other in addition to that specified above will also void the warranty.
- 8.Warranty service may be obtained by returning the printer to any one of the SATO Global Network Companies as listed below. The warranty bearer must prepay all shipping charges to the address of one of those listed companies and assume all risk of loss or damage during transit. Proof of purchase verifying the purchase date, or the original warranty registration, must be included with the printer.
- 9.The warranty bearer will be notified prior to any chargeable repair activity should the warranty be considered void by SATO.
- 10.The SATO Global Warranty is valid in all countries of the world with the exception of Japan. The services under this common warranty, unlike local warranties to be given separately by each SATO group company, are to be provided by any SATO group companies, regardless of the place of purchase.
- 11.The foregoing warranties are the only warranties provided by SATO in connection with the products covered. All other warranties, whether expressed or implied, are not valid; including without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular application.
- 12.SATO shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages, loss, or expense arising from printer use or failure to operate. And in no event shall SATO be liable for any damages exceeding the printer purchase price.
If your printer is not registered with SATO, you may be required to present proof of purchase to obtain warranty service