SATO Global Warranty Program is applicable when the place of purchase is different from place of installation and the purchase date is less than one year.
If the place of purchase and place of installation are the same, local warranty conditions apply. Please visit the website of the SATO Group company in which you purchased to register your SATO product and enjoy the Global Warranty Program.
Depending on the Printer models, Global Warranty Program might not be applicable. If unclear about the warranty status of your Printers, please contact your local SATO representative. (Refer to our Global network)
Please read the SATO Global Warranty Program Online User Agreement set out below which includes disclaimers of liability and other important general matters.
To enjoy the SATO Global Warranty Program outlined here, please register your Printer first.
- 1.SATO warrants that when purchased from SATO or through an authorized SATO distributor or reseller; this Printer, its components, and accessories are in good working order and free from defects in workmanship and materials.
- 2.The warranty period for Printers (excluding the Print Head, Platen Roller, and Cutter assembly) is one (1) year from the purchase date. Warranties applicable to products commence on the date as stated on the sales invoice provided by the reseller. Commencement dates of warranties applicable to other sovereignties may be found in their relative literature.
- 3.The warranty period for the Print Heads and Platen Rollers* is:
- Thermal Transfer Applications: one (1) year or 30km (1,200,000 linear print inches), whichever comes first.
- Direct Thermal Applications: one (1) year or 15km (600,000 linear print inches), whichever comes first.
- 4.The warranty period for SATO Cutters is one (1) year from the date of purchase or the following number of cuts (whichever comes first):
- SATO Standard Guillotine Cutter: 300,000 cuts
- SATO Rotary (HD) Cutter: 500,000 cuts
- SATO TG3 Integrated Cutter: 1,000,000 cuts, whichever comes first.
*Note: Damage caused by the cutting of non-approved materials such as woven or non-woven fabrics, TYVEK, heavy synthetic materials or other physical damage will void the warranty.
- 5.In the case of repairs, parts replacements or some other services are requested under the warranties provided herein within the warranty period, the additional warranty period of 90 days for the repaired or replaced parts is to be given from the date of such repairs or replacements.
- 6.Printer modifications, improper use or maintenance by unauthorized and/or non-certified service companies will deem the warranty void. Improper use includes, but is not limited to, the use of consumables or any thermal carbon ribbon which are not manufactured or authorized by SATO. Physical damage to the Print Head, Platen Roller, or Cutter other in addition to that specified above will also void the warranty.
- 7.Warranty service may be obtained by returning the Printer to any one of the SATO group companies listed below. The owner must prepay all shipping charges to the address of one of those listed companies and assume all risk of loss or damage during transit. Proof of purchase verifying the purchase date, or the original warranty registration, must be included with the Printer.
- 8.The owner will be notified prior to any chargeable repair activity should the warranty be considered void by SATO.
- 9.The warranties provided herein commonly cover and are applicable to the products sold through the global SATO sales network or sales channels excluding those in Japan. The services under this common warranty, unlike local warranties to be given separately by each SATO group company, are to be provided by any SATO group companies, regardless of the place of purchase.
- 10.The foregoing warranties are the only warranties provided by SATO in connection with the products covered. All other warranties, whether expressed or implied, are not valid; including without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular application.
- 11.SATO shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages, loss, or expense arising from Printer use or failure to operate. And in no event shall SATO be liable for any damages exceeding the Printer purchase price.