Over its 80 years, SATO has fostered a culture of professionalism and customer-centric innovation with an unchanging mission of value creation for customers that, in turn, contributes to a more sustainable world.
Our corporate motto, Ceaseless Creativity, was conceived by our founder in 1969 in the belief that individuals and corporations equally bear the mission to serve society through self-improvement.
Powered On Site expresses SATO’s promise to deliver operational innovations by understanding the essence of the issues with our own eyes and ears, and making proposals that generate operational improvements across the supply chain for businesses in various industries.
By gaining deep insights into customer sites, we hone our professionalism. By facing and solving each and every nagging issue on site, we refine our know-how and gain the ability to move the world from the workplace. We take new challenges to build a future that is both prosperous and sustainable. Our slogan captures this passion and will.
The angular line expresses forward motion and momentum towards the future with a challenger spirit, while the bold accent stresses the source of our value creation — our customers' sites of operation.
Why we exist
Our mission is to create new value for our customers through products and services of superior quality, and to contribute towards a better and more sustainable world.
Where we are heading
We aim to be the leader and most trusted company in the auto-ID solutions industry worldwide, exceeding customer expectations in an ever-changing world.
How we act
- We inspire changes, new ideas, and the courage of promoting customer-centric innovation in the spirit of Ceaseless Creativity.
- We seek to be true professionals by constantly striving to exceed the expectations of our customers.
- We see things as they are, and do the right thing right away.
- We show respect for all individuals, extend trust to each other, and work together as one cohesive team.
- We enable a vibrant and open-minded workplace, eliminating the formalities that cause “Big Company Disease.”
- We share the returns from our business with our four stakeholders: shareholders, employees, society and the company.
Spirit of SATO
Our code of conduct and way of thinking for all group employees
The Spirit of SATO covers everything from the management philosophy to the values that our employees should have in common, and how to approach our work. The late Tokuo Fujita, who served as President and Chairman from 1990 to 2007, wrote the book with the desire to make SATO an energetic company with an enjoyable working environment.The core concepts of this book are passed down to this day and used in employee trainings and workshops to deepen understanding of the company's culture.